Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a day for scones!

Spur of the moment this morning - scones! These are so easy to make and so pretty {as well as a tiny bit chic, I think}. Makes me feel like I really went all out and made something truly extraordinary and amazing - {straight out of a Charlotte Bronte novel}.  
Here is my recipe, actually my mom's recipe, called Scotch Scones. So yummy with butter or jam and a hot cocoa. So, why not get a little floury and create something scrumptious!

Scotch Scones

2 cups flour     
2 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 tea. salt
1/4 tea. baking soda
1/2 cup raisins {optional}
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 T. milk
1 egg

Mix dry ingrediants with the raisins, then add oil and sour cream just till mixture clings together. {I didn't have any raisins today - but just as good!}



Toss on floured board, knead and flatten into a round shape, about 10 inches across. {you don't really have to use a rolling pin, your hands work just fine}





Cut into pie shapes, then brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.



Bake till lightly golden. {about 7 minutes in my oven}



Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire rack.

                   

            Enjoy!



1 comment:

DustyLu said...

Yummy I shall try the recipe..Thanks for the great pic on how too. lulu